Become a part of this Christian community, learn what the call to be a Christian means in your life, explore your faith, and discover how to live as a disciple of Jesus the Christ. Our goal is to help you grow and mature as a follower of Jesus the Christ as we offer a variety of classes, groups, and opportunities for faith formation.
Mid-week Bible Study
Joe B. will be leading, From Wilderness to Promise through the Generations. This year we will start with the generation of the Children of God that wandered in the wilderness toward the edge of the Promised Land in the Book of Numbers. Then we will cover the early days in that Promised Land in the Book of Judges and later problems that developed in the Book of Amos. Our year of study will conclude with three months looking at a new promise for a new generation of the Children of God in John’s Gospel and Letters.
Beginning September 8/9: “The Book of Numbers: Seriously!” No mathematic prerequisites required! The Book of Numbers is the worst named book of the Bible, but has some of the best stories in it: talking donkeys, fiery serpents, miracles, spies, battles, and more. It also has census data and lots of lists about rules, but we’ll talk more about the first stuff.
In October: The Book of Judges: As Israel was figuring out how to live as a people in new ways together in the Promised Land, they were led by judges—sometimes well, sometimes not so well! What can we learn about leading and living in faith together from the stories of Gideon, Deborah, Samson, and some others you may not have heard of before. In October, join us in Room 210 or via Zoom for our Book of Judges study. The same class will be offered at two different times: Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. both in Room 210 or via Zoom. Check your weekly emails or contact Joe B for the Zoom information.
Adult Sunday School
There are many options for Sunday School, both in-person, on Zoom, and hybrid! If you are interested in forming a new Sunday School class, or would like an opportunity to gather on Zoom or in person during the Sunday School hour, please let Katie know!
- Salty Fish Fellowship will be meeting in Room 210 and on Zoom. Led by Anne and Ed Shoaf, Les and Martha Ellen Ingles, and Tom and Nancy Bowling. We will be diving into the book, Courage: Jesus and the Call to Brave Faith, by Tom Berlin. All are welcome to join the class in person or via Zoom! Contact Ed Shoaf for the Zoom information
- Reading for Reformed Reflection: Led by Dale LeCount and John Todd, the RRR Class will meet on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. on Zoom. We combine readings with discussion of current issues related to our Reformed faith as Christ’s disciples. This fall we’ll focus on the Psalms. Our resource is Psalms by Jerome F.D. Creach. The book is one of the Interpretation Bible Studies and costs $8.45 to be reimbursed to the church via check or online. The author has selected ten Psalms for our consideration, one of which will be our focus each week. The class is interactive and is facilitated each week by one of our team leaders. Contact Dale LeCount for the Zoom informaiton.
- Crossroads: Led by Jan Roser, this class will meet in Room 211 for Bible study in a lecture format.
- Robert Pharr Men’s Class: Led by Bob Ewing, this class will meet in Room 212 for Bible study. All men are welcome!
- Discussing Bible Books and Topics: Led by Norm Schul, this class will meet in Room 108. All adults are welcome as we gather to study the 10 Commandments through Love Carved in Stone, a video-based study by Eugenia Anne Gamble.
- Bible Study for Women: Led by Pat Campbell, women of all ages and biblical knowledge are invited to gather on Zoom for a time of reflection on God’s Word. This fall, we will study a sample of Proverbs in the fall before we tackle 2 Corinthians Contact Pat for the Zoom information if you’d like to join the class!