2023 Mission Grant Process – Sardis Presbyterian Church
God commands us to love others. One of the simplest ways to love is by helping when we see someone in need. Whether it is our time, money, or energy, giving to help someone in need is a mark of a mature Christian. Scripture tells us that we reap what we sow and that there are blessings for those who seek a life of serving loving others.
The commitment Sardis Presbyterian Church and its Mission Ministry is to serve the needs of our local and international community by providing funding of the work of agencies / organizations to help our neighbors in need. Our focus is on agencies / organizations that work in the area of housing / homelessness, education / children at risk, hunger, and poverty.
This is the criteria for our evaluation of grant requests:
- The organization must be a documented 501-3C organization.
- The organization should provide adequate documentation that the grant funds will primarily be for programming versus administrative or general operating needs.
- We fund organizations where Sardis Presbyterian Church is not the sole source of revenue.
- Grant request should be in the range of $1,000 – $10,000, although we will consider larger request.
- The organization should ensure availability of volunteer outreach opportunities for Sardis Presbyterian Church members.
- Grant request that meet all deadlines will only be considered.
Note: for 2023 budget consideration, grant request must be received no later than December 15, 2022. Grant decisions will be made by March 15, 2023 and you will be notified of your grant status at that time.
Contact our missions chair for more information.